At Petsmart Gainesville on Friday, Saturday and Sunday and then Lady Lake on Sunday. come on out and look at some of our adoptables and remember if you don’t see the breed you want, talk to us, we probably have them.
We have a Flemish Giant, Velveteens, Florida Whites, Holland Lops, Standard and Mini Rex and all sorts of mixed breeds. Come on out and find love in a cute, sweet, loving package of all sizes.
Come one, come all to the UF College of Veterinary Medicine’s Annual Open House, set for April 9 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. The college and our UF veterinary students work together to put on this wonderful, fun and educational event each year for the community. And it’s all free!
There will be:
* Tours of the UF Large and Small Animal Hospitals (ongoing)
* How to Get Into Veterinary School/Pre-Vet Advising Sessions
* Talks and Educational Demonstrations will highlight various techniques used by UF veterinarians to treat animals for a variety of health problems (ongoing)
* Demonstrations by the Marion County mounted patrol, Gainesville Police Department’s K-9 team, and the Alachua County K-9 unit
* Lameness Locator Demonstrations
* Equine Treadmill Demonstrations
* Dog Agility Demonstrations
* Games and prizes for kids provided by CVM student organizations
* Food truck rally featuring local eateries
* Teddy Bear Clinic for the kids – bring your torn teddy bears for repair by UF veterinary students and the Alachua Veterinary Medical Association (ongoing)
* Gypsy Gold Vanner Horses (ongoing)
* Gainesville Rabbit Rescue will perform hourly handling demonstrations
* Chris P. Bacon, the pig on wheels (ongoing)
* ASPCA Forensic Crime Scene Mobile Unit (ongoing)
* Special appearance by Albert and Alberta (noon-1:00 p.m.)